Tuesday 13 October 2015

Chicken Penne Pasta Rrecipe

Everyone loves a great pasta dish from my nonna. Pasta can go with just about anything and also is a great necessity for your kitchen cabinets. It is one of those foods you can go to and make a meal with little preparation. I had some penne pasta in my cabinet and couldn't think of a recipe to make. Usually I make a recipe and change it to my liking since that is what cooking is all about your personal love for the dish to share with others. I saw a chicken and pasta recipe online with all the ingredients I had in the cabinets and refrigerator and decided to make my version of it. I omitted a few ingredients and added others to make chicken and penne pasta.

Ingredients

1 lb chicken

1 package penne pasta

1 bunch broccoli

¼ cup dry white wine

1 can chicken broth or stock

2 to 3 leeks

2 tbsp flour

2 tbsp olive oil

2 garlic cloves

2 tbsp Italian seasoning

1/3 cup parmesan cheese


Direction 


Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside. In a saucepan add chicken stock and dry white wine. Chop the garlic cloves fine and add to the stock along with the Italian seasoning. Clean the chicken breast and add to the stock and cook until done. Once the chicken cooks remove chicken and reserve 2 cups of the liquid draining the stock through a strainer. In another saucepan cut and cook the broccoli and set aside. Slice the leeks lengthwise into thin strips. In saucepan add the 2 tbsp olive oil then add the sliced leeks and sauté for a few minutes about five then add the 2 tbsp flour to the leeks. The leek flour mixture will get thick. Add in the reserved broth and cook until thick and bubbly. Dice the chicken into chunks and add the broccoli, pasta and chicken to thickened sauce. Stir all the ingredients well with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick add some more of the extra stock to the pot.

At the time I made this recipe I only had pepper jack cheese and sprinkled about 1/3 cup to the pasta dish and it was pretty good. It was a spicy cheesy pasta dish that was simple to make. You can choose to use parmesan or mozzarella or whatever cheese you like. I would serve this meal with homemade garlic bread using french loaf with garlic butter, parmesan cheese, and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment